Hellwig® • 987 • EZ-990 Helper Springs • Rear • Chevy Silverado/Sierra 2WD/4WD 07-20
- Set of secondary leaf springs designed to work with OEM leaf springs and support extra loads
- Offer the ability to be adjusted independently to support uneven side-to-side loads
- Mounts under factory axle U-bolt plates
- Recommended for occasional towing needs such as boats or trailers
- Fitted U-bolts and related hardware are included for mounting
- Crafted from heat-treated ASTM 5160 alloy spring steel for maximum strength and resilience
- Prevents leaf spring from sagging due to sustained load compression
- Reduces leaf spring wrap up, bottoming out, and loss of cornering traction
- Helps reduce bouncing during towing
- Drilling may be required for installation
- Manufactured in the United States
Hellwig's Medium Duty Helper Springs are secondary assist leaf springs designed to eliminate this problem. With a choice of 500, 750, 1,000, 1,500, or 2,000 pounds of support for overwhelmed OEM leaf springs, helper springs will quickly restore proper ride height under load while keeping your ride stable and comfortable while towing a boat or small trailer. As weight increases on the rear of your vehicle, the helper springs take effect gradually as the main springs become more and more compressed. So during normal driving without weight in the vehicle, their presence is invisible without causing any added bounce or harshness. Once installed, headlights and foglights will be level again – illuminating the road ahead of you instead of the tree tops in the distance. Hellwig produces Medium Duty Helper Springs in the United States, and backs all components with a limited lifetime warranty against failure due to manufacturing defects.
Hellwig's® history began in 1941 with a patent Rudy Hellwig had been granted for an overload spring design he had developed and perfected. Hammering out the springs by hand in a rented blacksmith shop in Kansas, Rudy moved to California after the end of World War II, steel rationing made materials more widely available. Founding Hellwig Products in 1946 out of Glendale, California, Rudy began manufacturing springs that restored ride height, stability, and control to trucks and campers weighed down with heavy cargo. Rudy's philosophy was to build products that exceed customer's expectations in both performance and durability, and his business practices of taking care of customers after a sale quickly built the company a positive reputation. After a 1963 Hot Rod Magazine feature showed how effectively Hellwig adjustable stabilizers eliminated handling problems inherent in stock Chevrolet Corvair suspensions, word of the company's products spread. In the late 1960s, Hellwig expanded and relocated to their current headquarters in Visalia, California. Hellwig remains a family-owned business with a 4th generation actively and passionately involved today, and looks to the future with excitement of developing and refining products for an ever-changing market. Our website is proud to offer the best values you'll find on a full range of Hellwig helper leaf springs, air springs, sway bars, end links, air compressors, and value-packed upgrade kits designed to enhance vehicle control both on and off the pavement.